State Link (For more A+ information)
MAINTAINING YOUR A+ REQUIREMENTS IN HIGH SCHOOL
To maintain your A+ eligibility, you must meet the following requirements:
- Attend an A+ School for three consecutive years prior to graduation
- Graduate with an unweighted overall GPA of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale for grades 9-12 (Notice: The Department for Higher Learning WILL NOT ROUND UP to meet the GPA requirement.)
- Graduate with an overall attendance rate of at least 95 percent for grades 9-12
- Perform 50 hours of district supervised, unpaid tutoring or mentoring
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs (see A+ Agreement for more details)
- Apply for non-payback scholarships by completing a FAFSA (Free Application For Student Aid)
- Register for selective service, if applicable
- Must score proficient or advanced on the state level Algebra I End of Course Exam or ACT Math sub-score of 17.
Seniors will not be eligible to join the A+ program after December 4th (last Senior training date).